Navy Seaport NXG Contract Basics
- Availability: Only Authorized Ordering Offices may place orders under SeaPort NxG. Currently, only Navy Activities are authorized to place orders.
- Contract Ceiling Amount: $25 Billion (Potentially $50B if option exercised)
- Period of Performance: 5 year base, one 5 year option (FY 2019-2024)
Scope of Services
Support the Department of the Navy (DON) in the execution of their overall organizational functions and the specific missions of the individual activities and ordering offices. Categories to be supported under this contract are described below.
This category consists of supporting the application of engineering disciplines to technically support the research and development of new and existing Naval capabilities and systems, technically support development of significant alterations to existing systems, support integration and interface of existing equipment or software into different applications or platforms to support the warfighter, and support evaluation of foreign or non-developmental systems, equipment, and technologies.
Program Management Services
This category consists of applying the business, financial management, and technical disciplines required to support planning, organizing, staffing, controlling, and leading team efforts in managing acquisition programs such that the result places a capable and supportable system in the hands of the warfighter when and where it is needed, and does so at an affordable price.
Contract Types at the Task Order Level
Each individual TO may be cost reimbursable, fixed price (FP), or any combination of the two. All Task Orders shall be issued electronically via the SeaPort Portal.
Functional areas that are included under the Engineering Services category include but, are not limited to the following examples:
- Engineering, System Engineering, and Safety and Process Engineering Support
- Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- In-Service Engineering, Fleet Introduction, Installation and Checkout and Provisioning Support
- Measurement Facilities, Range, and Instrumentation Support
- Interoperability, Test and Evaluation, Trials Support
- Research and Development Support
- Modeling, Simulation, Stimulation, and Analysis Support
- Prototyping, Pre-Production, Model-Making, and Fabrication Support N0017819D7301 Page 9 of 51
- System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) Support
- Inactivation and Disposal Support
- Biochemical Engineering Support
Functional areas that are included under the Program Management Services category include but, are not limited to the following examples:
- Financial Analysis and Budget Support
- Quality Assurance (QA) Support
- Functional and Direct Programmatic Administrative Support
- Professional Development and Training Support
- Analytical and Organizational Assessment Support
- Database Administrators
- Public Affairs and Multimedia Support
- Logistics Support
- Configuration Management (CM) Support
- Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) Support
- Computer Systems Analysts